The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) position is a fast-paced and dynamic role; star performers advance by demonstrating a passion for ideas and mastery of the AAE skill set. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Effectively coordinating and giving direction to service departments of the agency (i.e. creative, account planning, production, finance etc.) as well as external partner agencies (i.e. media, digital, in-store, ethnic, design etc.).
- Proficiently writing internal/external meeting reports, POVs, memos & emails (i.e. proper grammar, usage, tonality and respect)
- Respond promptly to all Client and internal requests.
- Maintaining budget (IBS) control records, including opening job numbers, updating the tracking sheet and information on finance system.
- Populate and distribute weekly status reports.
- Support AE in the development and generation of production estimates, schedules (CPS) and all production processes
- Obtaining all necessary legal approvals, continuity & network clearance, etc.
- Developing studies and competitive analyses of client products.
- Exhibit resourcefulness in collecting relevant data on client and marketplace
- Maintain organization of business documents on the team server and hardcopy printed materials.
- Learn the Client’s business better than they know it themselves (i.e. know the business results, share, volume etc.).
In addition, the Assistant Account Executive may provide initial work on overall marketing development recommendations. Depending on the particular account, the AAE may or may not have direct client contact.
The candidate should have strong communication skills, excellent numerical and analytical ability, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work on one’s own with increasingly less direct supervision. Demonstrate a good eye for details in all responsibilities. Organization and follow-up skills are extremely important. BA or equivalent degree is required. Related work experience or internships are required as well.
Two things Grey has been doing since 1917: hiring forceful, energetic innovators with diverse skill sets and points of view who can put ideas into motion that lead to results. That’s no coincidence.
Smart, quick, highly motivated business-savvy people have been the backbone of Grey’s Famously Effective work for almost a hundred years. They are the drivers of business and creative performance that at this point in Grey’s long history have never better. We were named 2015 North American Agency of the Year at Cannes in recognition of our 23 Lions for clients including Volvo, DirecTV, NFL and GSK. Grey was also among the top three agencies at the Effies where our work for clients including P&G and Pfizer were recognized. Famous and Effective. It’s what we do, and it’s part of why Grey was been named “Global Network of the Year” by Adweek in 2013 and 2015, and “Agency of the Year” by Advertising Age in 2014.
Of course none of this could have happened without the diverse talent roster we have in place and we are continuing to look for the best talent to join us in the coming year. That’s why we continue to need drivers—people who can help move the agency further on the trajectory of success.