Agora Financial, an independent financial publisher and part of The Agora Companies, has an immediate contract opening for a Video Production Assistant. As the Video Production Assistant you will have the unique opportunity to turn million-dollar copy into high-quality video for our production team.
If you have experience in audio and video production and you meet the qualifications listed below, they want to hear from you. As Video Production Assistant, you’ll be responsible for the production of video and audio material for use in multiple online formats. Additionally, you’ll be assisting with on and off site shoots and taking responsibility for audio engineering.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in video production, audio production, and digital media workflows. You will excel at the responsibilities listed below if you are self-driven, comfortable balancing different priorities, and open to new challenges.
This position will be based in New York City. Ability to coordinate projects in an effective and clear manner with our central team in Baltimore, MD is essential. This part-time position will operate on an as-needed basis for filming Podcasts and other short production videos when required by our teams. As a result, the ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule and be very reliable.
– Camera operation/Audio producer for in-studio and on-location shoots.
– Teleprompter setup and operation for in-studio and on-location shoots.
– Effectively lighting studio and other indoor locations for shoots.
– Ensuring visual elements and quality standards are maintained across the entire video production process.
– Collaborating with the production, marketing and copy teams in Baltimore to plan, organize, and execute projects.
– Transfer and organization of digital files.
– Proficient in all aspects of video production, such as: shoot setup; audio recording and mixing; familiarity with video compression best practices, media asset management, and file transfers.
– Proficiency in shooting video with DSLR cameras.
– Proficiency with teleprompter hardware and software.
– Proficiency with audio mixing, running audio boards, and podcast production a plus.
– Experience with Adobe CC a plus.
– Experience taking concepts/ideas and creating multimedia content.
– A willingness to embrace change, voice ideas, and work in a fast-paced environment is a must!!
Agora Financial offers a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services to their employees, including:
– Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans.
– Employer-subsidized parking.
– 401(k) plan with employer matching.
– Generous vacation time and paid holidays.
– Fitness programs and discounts.
– Casual dress code.
Interested candidates, MUST submit: resume, brief cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the position and how this opportunity fits your career trajectory, video samples and salary requirements to link provided. Applications without salary requirements will not be reviewed.
About Agora Financial
Agora Financial provides independent economic and alternative health ideas to help everyday folks live a more independent, healthy and wealthy life. They publish these ideas through print and online publications.
Agora Financial is all about &quot;fat-tail&quot; ideas.
Everyone on the team needs to be OK with continuous testing. Which means they also need to be OK with failing. At AF, failing = learning. And the minute you stop taking chances, shaking things up, and exploring new ideas is the minute you fall behind.
They believe in putting in the hard work, and pushing one another. They believe that personal growth and development of individuals is only a small piece of the pie. And that the real wins are higher quality products for subscribers, and success for the team at large.