Are you a writer with a problem-solving personality, inquisitive mind and passion for improving your craft? Do you want to work with Fortune 500 brands and interesting local clients? Are purpose-based marketing and social responsibility important to you? How about working with a seriously smart team of like-minded creatives? Are you quietly thinking to yourself, “I could have probably written a better job description than this”?
Good, we should talk. AHA is looking for someone like you.
This isn’t an entry-level position. You need to have some proven professional writing chops, particularly with writing long-form content. We're looking for someone who can untangle complex information into content that resonates with the intended audience, charges forward in the face of ambiguity, meets deadlines, works well with others, and can craft both compelling headlines and long-form content that will leave the reader wanting more.
What’s it like to work here? We believe in putting people first. We believe in collaboration—with each other and our clients. We believe that telling great stories can change the world. And we also have good beer on tap.
If you’re into all this, please get in touch.
Desired experience and qualifications:
– 7-10 years minimum professional writing experience in journalism, marketing or strategic communications, with
the clips to back it up
– Experience with—and enthusiasm for—working collaboratively with an editor
– Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or maybe a Jazz Studies major with some really bad-
ass writing samples
– Expertise in Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to string coherent
sentences together using a Mac
– A definitive point of view on the Oxford Comma, accompanied with a willingness to work with clients that may
necessitate the alternate perspective
AHA offers a competitive benefits package, including: employer paid healthcare coverage, Simple IRA + employer match, and a generous time off package. We believe you do your best work when you have room to be your best self. That’s why we encourage and pay for professional development, offer reimbursement for gym membership and seek out opportunities to volunteer in our community.
Please apply here: aha.hiringthing.com/job/45230/senior-writer