Upbring is looking for a warrior-spirited Communications & Social Media Specialist to join its award-winning Strategic Communications and Marketing team.
Why should you join Upbring?
Why work at Upbring? It’s quite simple – when you go to work surrounded by people just as passionate as you, it doesn’t feel like work.
At Upbring, we’re changemakers determined to create a world where all children are loved, protected and cherished. Inspired by faith, we are both warriors and servants for children and families. We’ve been helping children thrive for more than 135 years, and we’re not stopping. Our mission is to break the cycle of child abuse by empowering children, families and communities. And as we accomplish this mission, we have an opportunity to shape not only the way we deliver our programs and services, but shape the way Texas treats children.
The children we serve have dreams, talent and so much potential – but they need dedicated, skillful and compassionate individuals to help them succeed. Our employees are champions for Texas children who give their all to create brighter futures. When you work at Upbring, you’re not just collecting a paycheck, you’re playing a key role in breaking the cycle of child abuse.
Upbring offers an environment of growth from within, collaboration, innovation and ongoing training to bring you to the next level.
The Ideal Communications & Social Media Specialist is an up-and-coming marketing superstar who can:
- Create strategic content calendars, and develop and maintain organic and paid social media strategy to drive SEO
- Work with the MarCom team to develop and execute influencer campaigns
- Write compelling copy quickly and accurately
We’re looking for someone who is creative and analytical, willingly goes the extra mile, has an easy-going nature and isn’t easily intimidated by juggling multiple projects.
If all of the above excite you and you also possess a collaborative work ethic, take constructive criticism with ease, and desire the entire team to shine, then this could be your dream job.
- Serve as the primary writer on various projects; create straight forward compelling copy for web pages, fundraising and stewardship collateral, ads, video scripts, internal newsletters, press releases, sponsorship packets, event invitations, talking points, fact sheets, presentations, op-eds, social media posts, and acknowledgement letters; manage the quality of all copy deliverables and ensure they meet Agency and department standards
- Write and disseminate media advisories, story pitches to local, state-wide, and national media outlets
- Manage projects of increased complexity, sensitivity, and/or importance to the Agency; write major print or digital communications (publications); take responsibility for approvals and accuracy of information communicated internal and externally
- Identify internal and external communication needs; creatively write, evaluate and manage print, and digital communications to meet the needs of internal and external audiences in accordance to Agency and department standards; repurpose written copy communications from various channels and inspire action and engage donors and the community
- Manage social media strategy across multiple platforms; create and maintain an editorial calendar for the Agency’s blog and social media platforms to ensure the mediums serve as storytelling channels; oversee the day-to-day execution of social media activities
- Own the social media strategy for assigned campaigns; determine appropriate platforms to reach targeted audiences in social media.
- Edit and review communications to ensure consistency with Upbring’s message and marketing and outreach goals
- Work closely with the VP of Strategic Communications to 1) develop and complete evaluation tools and strategies to measure the effectiveness of social media messaging, communication methods and tools, and the success of major campaigns and 2) manage, develop, implement, and evaluate social media communications
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with management, staff, vendors, donors, and other clients to ensure project needs and expectations are being met within project scope and meets the established deadline.
- Participate in cross-training activities, cross-functional (department) sharing of knowledge, share expertise and knowledge with the Communications and Marketing teams and learn from others to expand knowledge.
- Work as team player and exhibit professional behavior and a positive attitude with both internal and external clients, vendors, and donors that reflects positively on the Agency and is consistent with Agency policies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or closely related field
- 1-year hands on social media and blog management experience
- 1-year work experience in corporate communications, strategic communications, journalism or public relations
- Proficient knowledge of top social media web apps, including social analytics tools
- Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and graphic design, thorough understanding of search engines and SEO
- Demonstrated experience executing comprehensive strategic communications campaigns to advance an organization’s mission and strategic goals and objectives
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with frequently changing requirements and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with writing digital engagement strategies, including new/emerging technologies and social media channels to support message delivery and measurement
- Strong people and interpersonal skills with the ability to work autonomously and in a team (group) environment and the ability to work and interact with diverse groups of people at all levels in the organization
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and publishing software Adobe Creative Suite
- 3 years’ experience in corporate communications, strategic communications, social media journalism or public relations and 1+ years’ experience managing social media pages in a nonprofit setting
- Experience with hands-on video production and/or still photography
- Working knowledge of SharePoint