A Washington, DC-based non-profit organization that represents the travel industry and whose mission is to increase travel to the United States, is looking to hire a Manager of Branding and Design into a full-time position.
The Manager of Branding and Design will serve as the organization’s lead on all creative and branding activities. S/He is responsible for defining and driving creative brand vision while contributing design support, by:
- defining and driving creative brand vision,
- conceptualizing and executing association and/or marketing collateral,
- creating graphic design solutions for in-house projects,
- producing layout and design direction for critical projects,
- providing art direction guidance to team design resources,
- assisting in the oversight and compliance to the overall brand strategy for the association.
This position, which reports to the Vice President of Marketing is open currently because the person who formerly occupied it has moved out of the region. This person remains involved with the hiring organization currently, but will be transitioning out of the position as soon as a full-time hire is made.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has been supporting the hiring organization since 2014. Several years ago we supported their efforts to hire a Design Coordinator who remains with the organization today. Additionally, we have helped the organization identify terrific people for contract roles. Everyone whom we have helped secure work with them maintains a working relationship with them currently. We can provide plenty of additional details regarding the Manager of Branding and Design opportunity and the employer, above and beyond what is included in this job description.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead art direction throughout the full creative project life cycle across a variety of media.
- Execute engaging graphic design for print, web and electronic distribution. Such as:
- Direct mail and other print collateral (design and production)
- Custom short-and-long-form report graphics and infographic design
- Report layout and cover design
- Display advertising design (print, web, out-of-home)
- Logo and brand identity creation
- Video graphics
- Web and email template design
- Pop-up requests requiring quick turns, and overall support in the production of materials as needed.
- Manage branding strategy, maintaining universal style standards, guidelines and style sheets. Serve as the organization’s brand champion, advocating its purpose and promoting understanding of the brand within the organization and to external clients when necessary.
- Accountable for art directing and evolving the organization’s signature event marketing collateral, magazine publication (print and digital issues), exhibit signage, and all associated supporting design assets.
- Provide support to junior designer in working within established brand guidelines while pushing creative boundaries. Nurture opportunities for growth and development.
- Delivers what is promised with accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to fully conceptualize and execute new ideas and projects from sketch to final design.
- Ability to embrace a high-performance/high-productivity environment.
- Strong typography skills and willingness to contribute creative, conceptual ideas.
- Expert in branding and style principles and ability to carry through established brand and style guidelines to ensure all marketing collateral encompasses unified, cohesive look.
- Knowledge of general marketing and social media strategy.
- Holds all projects to high quality standard.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work against tight deadlines.
- Must possess a positive and proactive attitude along with excellent communication skills.
- Self-initiated with a strong work ethic.
- Shows intellectual curiosity in every task they are asked to perform.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, graphic design or similar field.
- Seven years of design experience in a professional setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud programs, specifically: Adobe CS6 InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop plus other common design and layout applications.
- Basic familiaritywith HTML and responsive web design software.
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe After Effects is a plus.
- A diverse design portfolio of print and web pieces that demonstrate strong typography, grasp of design principles, and a passion for graphic design. Illustration skills and video graphics experience are a plus.
DURATION / LOCATION:
This is a full-time, staff position. All work will be done at the employer’s offices, which are located in downtown Washington, DC and are highly accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus. Plenty of parking is nearby, and the employer offers access to a transportation-oriented flexible spending account. Individuals who apply, and who are interested in working part-time or from a remote location (home, etc.), will not be considered for the position. Brainstorm Creative Resources encourages talented, experienced designers who do not qualify for this opportunity but are interested in being considered for other opportunities, to complete a general application here: http://bit.ly/brainstorm-application.
Based on conversations we have had with the hiring firm, we are advertising a salary range of $70K to $80K. The actual salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources encourages employers to offer competitive compensation. It is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to offer the highest salary available to earlier career applicants. Alternatively, more experienced design professionals can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to offer you a salary at the top of or possibly even above the advertised range.
The employer offers a robust and generous benefits package that we have been told rivals the best available in our region. We can share a benefits summary and provide an example list of 2017 office closures to the most well qualified applicants.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see “Find Work” buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your “My Jobs” list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the “Apply For This Position” button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
- Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
- Upload a resume document and paste a cover letter into the application body.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Vienna, VA should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.