The Social Media Designer supports social and creative teams on creating best-in-class social content shared on PBS owned channels that help bring campaigns to life in engaging ways. The candidate will partner with cross-functional social, digital and creative teams, and conceptualize, produce and execute on-brand content for all social platforms (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social partner channels) as needed.
* Develop creative content for PBS master brand on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Intagram and Tumblr.
* Partner with Social, Digital and Creative team members to create compelling social pieces
* Help develop social content campaigns for digital experiences, show launches and finales, tentpole programming, and other digital/social initiatives
* Get creative with raw and promotional video and photography, turning it into world-class engaging content for organic and paid social media
* Conceptualize, produce and execute multiple creative outputs, including but not limited to:
-Standard static image and text posts
-Animated, stop motion, cinemagraph and composited imagery
-Re-cuts of promotional videos
-Social optimized and kinetic style videos
-Instagram and Snapchat expiring/authentic formatted content
-Social media and digital skins, including cover and profile photo development, web carousel images, and video headers
* Lead development of thematic types of posts including countdown assets, quote cards, cast or character cards, infographics and tune in.
* Project manage social content, source raw assets for development of creative, and route to appropriate stakeholders for approval
* Assist in making finished assets available to partners and stations via file management platforms
* Collaborate with multiple departments to execute original graphics and video concepts
* Assist in capturing content for social media shoots and other events
* Work with internal stakeholders and outside agencies to gather assets and upload them for publication.
* Manage project calendars by keeping track of delivery and publication dates.
* Identify imagery, video selects and source materials from cross functional teams
* Design and retouch social posts or make modifications to existing creative as needed
* Assist in ongoing development and updates of social creative guidelines to ensure consistent look and feel across platforms
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams on all content, guided by overall brand and program objectives
3-4 years of experience producing custom social content within agency or in-house social teams
Strong social content portfolio showcasing a range of themes, style and formats
Strong typography and illustration/image manipulation skills
Photography, design, video editing and motion-graphics skills with a keen eye for taste level and unique executions.
Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative for digital/social platforms across static, animation and videos native to social platforms
Must have an adaptable writing and content style for range of programs
Highly organized, proactive, multifaceted, capable of working on concurrent projects and able to communicate effectively to digital team members, vendors, and executives.
Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite – After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign,
Ability to understand business objectives to guide execution.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
Bachelor degree in Graphic Communications Design or related field
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Every day, PBS and 350 member stations fulfill our essential mission to the American public, providing trusted programming that is uniquely different from commercial broadcasting, treating its audience as citizens, not simply consumers. In fact, PBS has been rated as the most trustworthy institution among nationally known organizations for 15 consecutive years.
PBS invites everyone to explore new ideas and broaden personal horizons -- with content that expands the minds of children, programs that ensure the worlds of music, theater, dance and art remain available to all Americans, documentaries that open up new worlds, and non-commercialized news programs that provide citizens with multiple perspectives on world events and cultures.
PBS is a private, nonprofit corporation, founded in 1969, whose members are America’s public TV stations -- noncommercial, educational licensees that operate 350 PBS member stations and serve all 50 states, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and American Samoa. Of the 158 licensees, 83 are community organizations, 52 are colleges/universities, 19 are state authorities and four are local educational or municipal authorities.