The Jr. Designer will support all team members in various roles and projects across the organization. This primarily includes: design support of report and collateral production and creative conceptualization and execution for all association products, materials and events. In addition, support is needed with regard to the oversight of the U.S. Travel brand and style principles, event marketing, social media, and special programs.
A strong work ethic, spirit of collaboration, willingness to learn and can-do attitude are traits we look for in our teammates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
* Execute engaging graphic design for print and web and electronic distribution under the direction of the marketing team. Specific tasks may include:
o Creation of direct mail and other print collateral;
o Creation of custom graphics to support research or public policy initiatives;
o Infographic design;
o Signage design;
o Social media graphics
o Report layout and cover design;
o Custom ad design (print and digital);
o Custom research/data-driven graphics;
o Fact sheet design;
o Video graphics;
o Pop-up requests requiring quick turns;
o Email template design
* Interpret and dictate team feedback on select projects requiring communication to internal or external stakeholders;
* Help oversee quality control of the defined company branding guidelines;
* Ability to work within tight deadlines, multi-tasking and understanding prioritization of projects under development.
* Delivers what is promised with accuracy and efficiency with ability to embrace a fast-paced, high-volume environment;
* Ability to fully conceptualize and execute new, original ideas and projects from sketch to final design;
* Strong knowledge of creative software;
* Strong typography skills and willingness to contribute creative, conceptual ideas;
* Some knowledge of website and HTML email development to include working with responsive design.
* Knowledge of branding and style principles and ability to carry through established brand and style guidelines to ensure all materials encompasses unified, cohesive look;
* Knowledge of general marketing and social media strategy;
* Holds all projects to high quality standard;
* Highly organized with keen attention to detail;
* Ability to manage multiple projects and work against tight deadlines;
* Must possess a positive and proactive attitude along with excellent communication skills;
* Self-initiated with a strong work ethic; and
* Shows intellectual curiosity in every task they are asked to perform
* Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, graphic design or similar field.
* A minimum of 3 years of graphic design experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Illustrator).
* A diverse design portfolio of print and web work that demonstrates strong typography and layout skills, a hawk eye for details and good design principles along with a passion for the design industry. Illustration skills are a plus.
* Familiarity with responsive web and mobile design, UI/UX, HTML, CSS.
* Some understanding of video editing software such as Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects is a plus, not required.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, link to portfolio and reference list to [email protected] with “Jr. Designer” listed in the subject line.
About U.S. Travel Association
The U.S. Travel Association is a dynamic, mission-driven association committed to increasing travel to and within the United States.
U.S. Travel offers excellent benefits and a friendly, supportive environment where individual contributions are highly valued and the collective goals of 1,200-plus member organizations are advanced. U.S. Travel seeks staff who are committed to creating excellent work and contributing to a positive workplace culture. The office is conveniently located near Metro Center in downtown Washington, D.C.