This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced writer who strives for excellence in his or her craft and is looking to grow and take on new challenges.
At Maven Creative we combine creative and strategic, brand-forward thinking to solve complex business problems (sometimes simple ones, too) for our clients. Ideally, the Senior Copywriter will be able to perform in this space as a next-level creative writer AND a logical thinker.
Maven routinely wins awards for its work, and this writer would play a large role in the continuation of maintaining and raising our creative standards. This writer will be collaborative, positive, a great listener, funny with a good sense of humor and someone who is passionate about what they do and enjoys the company of the people he or she works with. Our agency operates much like a family and we genuinely care about each other and our clients. This person would exhibit a similar compassion and humility and fit in with the team and company culture – which TBH, is kinda awesome.
This writer will need to be versatile across media, be able to write at the brand-level and be able to advise a brand as to their voice and audience. The writer will write headlines, scripts, brand anthems, advertisements, central campaign themes and supporting copy, tag lines, brand positioning statements and much more.
• A mastery of writing, grammar, words, cadence and storytelling
• A conceptual and strategic mindset, with a focus on detail
• Experience with internal creative check-ins and having an open mind to keep writing and improving the work throughout the life cycle of a project
• An understanding of business realities – namely our client’s operations, how companies grow, the competitive marketplace, product testing, packaging, startups, etc.
• Team spirit and engaged collaboration
• Enthusiasm for the work
• Positive energy, dedication and an ever-present sense of humor
• An entrepreneurial spirit
• A functional level of organization
• Honesty, humility, respect for others and a strong belief in friends and family
• Create award-winning work
• Lead discovery/kickoff sessions with team and client
• Present work internally and externally
• Be able to immerse their thinking in a client’s company/product/brand, logically and strategically write for the project to solve the client’s needs and express the brand’s personality in a creative, original, interesting way
• Write for all clients – from simple to complex
• Concept for campaigns and other creative projects
• Contribute to editing, proofreading and quality assurance of projects
• Direct voice-over sessions when needed
• Occasionally visit client offices and interact with clients
• Mentor junior writers and interns
• Have experience across all media, including extensive digital experience
• Have fun with their colleagues while remaining professionally dedicated to excellence for their agency and craft
Please only apply if you have the following:
• Approximately 4+ years’ experience of continuous agency experience
• Strong portfolio of work demonstrating conceptual, writing and creative capabilities
• Experience in presenting work and interfacing with clients
• Some experience directing Voice-over sessions and on photo/video shoots
• A handful of professional references as to personal and professional skills